Page banner image

Re: finally tested the Rain Defender

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zonie on January 21, 2023 at 05:40:27

In Reply to: Re: finally tested the Rain Defender posted by kmf on January 21, 2023 at 01:42:30:

I've never tried complete submersion of the hoodie with Rain Defender. According to the advertisement, it comes out after dozens of trips through the laundry. Supposedly it won't affect the laundering, but I haven't tried laundering it yet.

The Reach 11 Recreation Area is a zone parallel to and northeast of the Central Arizona Project Canal. It is about seven miles long and half a mile wide. On the northwest end is Cave Creek Road in northern Phoenix. On the southeast end is Scottsdale Road in northern Scottsdale. It is bisected by Tatum Boulevard which also contains trailheads. I usually park at one of the trailheads there. On the west side of Tatum Boulevard the recreation area contains the Equestrian Center, which had formerly been owned by the Phoenix but was sold to a private organization several years ago. The east section has an overpass allowing 56th Street to go through. The west section has overpasses for Highway 51 and Highway 101, both urban freeways with no direct trailhead access. The Black Mountain Freeway was recently constructed, and the off-ramp has access to a trailhead by a dog park that was installed. I've only parked there a couple times. Further west of the dog park are three soccer fields and one baseball field.

There are several trails through it, most about as wide as a narrow dirt road. They are designated as multiuse for hikers, mountain bicyclists and equestrians. Motorized vehicles are forbidden, but recently some dirt bike riders have managed to use it anyway.

The Central Arizona Project Canal was built during the period of 1968 to 1990 and brings water from the Colorado River to the Phoenix and Tucson metropolitan areas. In this section of it, the canal is higher than the surrounding terrain, and there is a berm on both sides of it. Since the natural drainage of the area is from northeast to southwest, the berm blocked the drainage and created seasonal wetlands, supporting mesquite thickets which normally wouldn't thrive in a climate this dry (the area averages only about ten inches of rain each year). It was decided to conserve this area as a recreation area, and it is now owned by the Phoenix Parks, Recreation and Library Department.

I usually go there to hike and play in the mud. Apart from my enjoyment of rain, I find that my habit of going there when it's wet and muddy provides me a level of solitude not found when conditions are more favorable for dry people.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]