Page banner image

Re: How should I ask people to swim in clothes with me.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by wetchas on February 24, 2023 at 08:53:13

In Reply to: Re: How should I ask people to swim in clothes with me. posted by wiley on February 24, 2023 at 01:30:19:

Wiley's advice is good.
For me it's not but about asking people to get wet with you, but engineering a situation where they will. As you say, walking around the school asking people to jump in the pool with thier clothes on is just weird, but arranging some kind of situation where others are doing it makes people more willing to join in.
Does your school have a pool, or do you have regular swimming lessons. Try asking one of the teachers if you can have a clothed lesson. Find some figures on line to back up your case, and point out that most drownings involve people who are clothed.
Failing that, why not try to arrange some sort of charity event, such as a car wash. This could take place on a Saturday Morning, and every car wash I have been to has ended up with most people soaked.
Are there any local swimming clubs in your area which do the STA Personal survival awards. For these you have to swim in Trousers, Shirt, and Jumper. Might be woth contacting the local pool to find out. Failing that, or perhaps as well, why not join the local Scouts or Army/Sea Cadets. Plenty of chances to get soaked, if you are prepared to look around for them.
As Wylie says, introduce water as a forfiet in various games, such as penalty shootouts where the loser has to shower in football kit, or trackies and T.
I have found that there are three types of people. Those who would never get wet, unless there was an emergency like a sinking ship or such like. Those who don't mind either way, and will do it fun, and those like ourselves who get a real kick out of it. The trick is finding those in group 2, or ideally group 3.
Good luck.
Cheers.
Wetchas.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]