Page banner image

Dunk Tank Drama - another update

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Pete on March 04, 2023 at 02:06:23

For the past few weeks, I haven't heard much from the neighborhood Karen who had a meltdown over a block party dunk tank last year, and her teenage son who now wants to run another dunk tank at this years upcoming block party. I have to admit, I'd hoped that the young man had done what teenager often do, and gotten distracted with something else and dropped the whole idea, since truthfully I've been feeling like I'm trying to tip-toe around a bunch of incoming drama and headache.

Well, I was at a fire department training the other night, and one of the lieutenants mentioned that he'd taken a phone call from a neighbor of mine who said that I'd offered to let him use our fire department dunk tank free of charge. I mentally groaned - I'd forgotten to ask permission to extend that favor, but the LT was good about it and didn't give me a hard time.

Then a couple days later the kid runs into me while I'm out and about in the neighborhood, and we talk for about 10 minutes. He apparently has been hard at work, and has a few local "celebrities" lined up to get dunked, along with some of his friends. He asked me if I'd officially supervise, at least during the times that the kids would be getting dunked. I tentatively agreed, maybe against my better judgement.

So I guess this is actually happening, and really is only a few weeks away at this point. Let's hope for the best!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]