Page banner image

St. Patrick's Day at the Pool

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on March 18, 2023 at 18:58:36

I decided to celebrate my Irish ancestry by going to my favorite hotel with the heated outdoor pool and indoor hot tub and having some clothed swims. Sorry if I sound like a broken record but I love that place and they have no objections to my swimming clothed and are very accepting so I am very grateful for that. So many places aren't.

So when I arrived at the hotel and checked in I was given a room at the very end of the wing of the hotel that was as far from the pool as you can possibly get. I thought it was a bit strange and considered asking for a different room but then decided to just deal with it. It wasn't that bad but the place was deserted. So I headed for the pool area and as so often happens that was deserted too. Fine, I had the place to myself. I could deal with that. So did my usual alternating between the pool and the hot tub. Again, I will sound like a broken record as I was wearing my usual black cowboy boots and hat, dark indigo Lee jeans, brand new green shirt, black leather belt and dark blue wool suit coat with blue polka dot tie.

I was sitting in a chair by the hot tub taking a rest when a young couple came in. The man turned on the jets in the pool but forgot to turn on the waterfall, which I had turned off when I got out of the hot tub. So I got up and turned it on for them. I then asked them to take pictures of me in the hot tub and they gladly obliged. We chatted briefly then they went outside to swim in the pool. A few more people filtered in and I returned to my room for a rest and to get something to eat.

When it came time to go back to the pool I pulled on my already wet black boots and belt, a pair of mid blue Levi 501 jeans, a blue and white checked shirt, light blue silk tie, medium blue wool sport coat. But this time instead of my usual cowboy hat I put on my green shamrock leprechaun hat. It has shamrocks on the side and there are battery operated lights in the center of the shamrock that twinkle when you press a button on the top of the hat. My experience in the past has been that the lights will twinkle at odd times without pressing the button when you move your head.

When I stepped into the court yard where the pool is and turned the corner I was greeted by a throng of screaming, yelling kids. It was an absolute mob scene. There were kids everywhere and the pool was so full of them that I didn't think they could possibly fit anymore in. Inside in the hot tub area were all the parents huddled in a group drinking. Most were fully clothed and dressed. A few had on bathing suits and had been in the pool and were now enjoying the hot tub but most were standing there socializing in the very center of the room making it difficult to maneuver around them. What the heck was going on? Someone finally told me that there was a kids' hockey tournament going on this weekend in a neighboring town and I think every single one of those players, their parents and all of their siblings were there at the pool. I had never seen so many people there at one time, not even New Year's Eve.

It was a bit overwhelming to say the least and I wasn't sure what to do. I eventually found a place to sit down and figure out what I was going to do. Last time I was there on New Year's Eve they had an adult swim from 9pm to 10pm when the pool closed and they strictly enforced it. However things had changed in just a few short months. Originally the pool opened at 6am and closed at 11pm. On New Years there was a sign on the door that said the pool opened at 8am and closed at 10pm and there were adult swims from 8am to 9am and from 9 to 10pm. Now the sign on the door said the pool didn't open until 9am and closed at 10pm and there were no adult swim hours listed. I assume that was due to numerous complaints from guests.

My plan of action was to wait and see if the crowd would thin out a bit. That didn't happen. Instead MORE people came, both kids and adults. As kids yelled, splashed and ran around like wild things parents were either congregating in the hot tub area or outside on the pool deck drinking. As time went on some were beginning to feel the effects. As I said few were dressed to go swimming, but in mind I was secretly hoping that someone would push someone in or jump in and a wild pool party would ensue. After a bit things did calm down a bit as the smaller children returned to their rooms but it was still a mob scene. Another guy appeared wearing a shamrock hat along with a lady in a green shirt. Since things didn't look like they were going to improve I figured I might as well just go ahead and jump in the pool anyway.

I asked the adults on the pool deck if someone would take a video of me jumping in the pool. "With all your clothes on?" Yes, with all my clothes on. So one lady obliged and I walked over to the edge of the pool and when a space opened up I took the plunge to loud cheering. I hoped somebody else would join me but no one did. Then back into the hot tub for some more pics. Was sitting next to a guy talking about the hockey tournament when all of a sudden he says, "Oh my God, your hat has lights on it!" Once again they had come on all by themselves. So did another swim in the pool and another turn in the hot tub and stayed there until closing time and walked back to the room totally sopped and dripping. Normally I try to dry of some before going out into the hallway but not this time. And it was SO MUCH FUN!

Had to leave early this morning as I had a funeral to attend. Hate the fact that the pool opens so late. As checkout time is 11am and the pool now opens at 9 it doesn't leave a whole lot of time for a nice clothed swim. Still it was fun while it lasted even if it was chaotic and I couldn't convince the other guy in the shamrock hat to jump in with me.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]