Page banner image

Re: Funniest or most surreal experience?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zonie on March 28, 2023 at 05:53:45

In Reply to: Funniest or most surreal experience? posted by Pete on March 27, 2023 at 20:18:19:

The most surreal experience was something that happened to me almost exactly 20 years ago, March 10, 2003. I was on some of the state trust land in northeastern Phoenix that I visited only yesterday, though a bit further south. I was interrogated by two officers of the Phoenix Police Department for wallowing in a mud hole. The irony is that I had a permit to be on state trust land, and mostly likely those who reported me did not. I've relayed this story on this forum a couple times.

The two officers seemed to have some peculiar concerns. They told me they knew I had a concealed weapons permit and asked if I had a firearm in that mud hole with me. I said that would be a silly thing to do. They asked if I knew where I was. It seemed very strange that they would ask some random stranger wallowing in a mud hole where he was if they were lost. I thought of saying, "In the Desert Horizon Precinct," but thought better of it and simply said, "On state trust land northeast of the intersection of Tatum Boulevard and Pinnacle Peak Road."

One of them referred to some old movie I hadn't seen in which Governor Schwarzenegger was wallowing in mud to mask his infrared signature. I said I had no such intention.

One of them asked if it was my intention to collect soil samples. I said it was not.

One of them asked to name people who knew I wallowed in mud. I named two of them. One of them asked what it would be if not mud. I said, "Probably snow, but fuel is getting rather expensive for that."

One of them asked if I had seen the no trespassing signs and knew I was trespassing on state trust land. I replied, "I have a recreational use permit allowing me to be on state trust land. You will find that, my driver's license, and my concealed weapons permit inside my wallet inside two Gladlock bags inside my overalls chest pocket. Given the muddy state of my hands, it might be better if you accessed them yourselves."

They didn't want to see them and took me at my word. They asked what my plans were. I said to end the wallow and drive home. One pointed out that my car would get muddy. I said that had happened before and was no big deal. He asked if it was from other mud experiences. I confirmed that it was. At that they left me, warning me not to try to access my firearm from the car before I left.

This is one of the reasons I'm glad the Phoenix Police Department has been severely defunded. They have enough resources to deal with real emergencies but not a lot of time on their hands to be busybodies.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]