Page banner image

Sam's 15th Birthday

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Robert on May 26, 2023 at 20:27:04

Sam had an interesting request this year for his birthday. He asked for "one of those inflatable pools" in our backyard. He he, I wonder why???? :)

Anyway, we obliged and got a large inflatable pool. We had a heatwave a couple weeks ago, so we actually set it up then (but now it's cold, ha ha). The one we got is this one: www dot canadiantire dot ca/en/pdp/summer-waves-round-quick-set-inflatable-pool-with-filter-pump-15-ft-x-36-in-0813081p.html.

As soon as we set it up, Sam decided to try it right away. He wore black slim-fitting fleece pants, his all-black Air Force 1s, and a slim-fitting white polo shirt that he tucked into his pants (he wanted to look a bit "smart"). I told him he should "go in slowly" but he said, "no I want to jump in fast!".

"Fine then," I said, smirking.

Sam adjusted his pants, looked down at his shoes (he hadn't soaked them since the pool party), and ran and jumped straight in.

"Ah! Refreshing!" he said, emerging with a transparent polo shirt. He had his knees down on the bottom and the pool is decently deep for an inflatable pool. As soon as he stood up, the sun shone off of the fleece pants incredibly.

"Have fun!" I said, as I headed back inside as I had stuff to do.

For the 20 minutes or so, Sam was messing around in the backyard, either practicing his baseball swing, practicing throwing, or jumping into the pool. Then he came to back door.

"Dad!" he yelled. "Can you bring me a towel and my phone?" he asked.

I obliged. "Why the phone?" I asked. "Don't get it too wet."

"I'm just gonna text Mickey, see if he wants to come and try the pool," said Sam.

I smiled in understanding. About 15 minutes later, Mickey pulled up on his bike, wearing white soccer-style shorts, a red sleeveless shirt, and black Adidas mid-top basketball shoes (like these, but not brand new this time: www dot adidas dot ca/en/forum-mid-shoes/GV9767.html). He had dumped his bike and helmet in the driveway and in no time had joined Sam in the pool. I should note - Mickey lives a bit of a distance away in what I call "Big City" (it's not Toronto for those who have read my stories). But he was out on his bike when Sam texted him and decided to stop by. It's probably about a one hour bike ride, so Sam was pretty surprised (as was I). But he does like to keep fit and does a lot of running and cycling, so I guess we shouldn't have been surprised.

The two ended up messing around in the pool for a while - at least another 45 minutes or so, then Sam came to the back door and asked for something to eat. Lisa (his Mom) made them both a sandwich that they ate, while sopping wet, on the patio. They sat around chatting for a while, then it was back in and out of the pool. They went around to the front, shot baskets in the driveway leaving clear wet marks everywhere from their squelching shoes, went back to the back, hit some baseballs in our large backyard, went back in the pool, etc. Later, they setup the net and played a bit of volleyball (with the basketball - ouch on the fingers... wish we had a soccer ball now as it would have been better for them). All never once removing any of their clothes or shoes.

It was probably another 40 minutes or so when I ventured outside as I figured they should wrap up their wet fun.

"Hey boys, having fun?" I asked.

"Yes, absolutely Mr. D.," said Mickey. "Love getting soaked like this. It just feels so awesome being wet and doing normal things at the same time. So relaxing, soothing,..." he said as Sam interrupted him.

"And so squelching!" Sam quipped.

"Yeah, definitely an awesome feeling to have the water move around like that in your shoes, making squelching sounds, and giving your toes a massage with every step. Haven't soaked these shoes in a while," said Mickey.

"Oh? Thought those were your 'get wet' shoes?" said Sam.

"Nah, these are usually my 'wear to school' shoes. But Mom and Dad won't mind, they don't mind me doing this. I get something wet pretty much everyday," said Mickey. "But I have soaked these before, it's just been a while. Everything I buy I soak at least once before I wear it."

"So do I now, get wet everyday. Used to be my brother. Now he's with Arowyn all the time and hasn't gotten wet at all since the party, and only a bit in the months before that," said Sam.

"Sam's kinda continuing the tradition now for the family," I said.

"For the family?" asked Mickey.

"Yup. I used to do exactly what you boys are doing now when I was your age. Parents' didn't like it though, so I often did it secretly. Until university - then I was free to do it when I liked," I said.

Mickey kinda lit up like a Christmas tree. He started putting his hands through his hair constantly, as if he was nervous, though.

"Did you ever do it at school?" asked Mickey.

"Only at university a couple times. I went to an exam with wet shoes once - didn't go so well when the examiner asked me why there was a puddle under my shoes," I said. "They were leaking a bit more than I expected - and it was a sunny day, so no excuse regarding rain. Why do you ask?"

"I've always wanted to go to school, you know, 100% soaked. And re-soak thoughtout the day. Kind of, you know, a fantasy of mine. I know it's not possible because it would make a mess and I'd probably get laughed at," said Mickey. "Also, Mom and Dad say that's over the line that they give me."

"Then you should listen to them. They're right," I said. "There are times when it's ok to go 'in public' wet, but those have to be limited to places where you won't damage other people's property or floors, etc. So if you go out to a public splash park, beach, or something like that, then go for it. If you just want to walk around outside wet, go for it. But if you have to go into a store or building, you'd better make sure you're not gonna make a mess."

"I hear ya. Would absolutely love to do that," said Mickey to me. Then he said to Sam, "when you invited me to that pool party, Sam, that was kind of a fantasy dream come true too. I think I spent hours trying to decide what to wear. Mom told me to wear my baseball uniform, so I did," said Mickey. "But I had soaked it before - I was thinking about some sort of outfit I hadn't soaked. You know, like what you and your brother wore."

"Nope, too many people wearing those - we would have said pick something else," said Sam, kinda smirking.

"But baseball uniforms are pretty good wet. But those shoes you wore - were they new?" I interjected.

"Yup, brand new. Bought them just for that. That's one thing I thought was over the line, so I didn't tell Mom and Dad until after the party since those were quite expensive. They did say I shouldn't have done that, but the shoes are fine. I'll wear those to school tomorrow," said Mickey.

"Chlorine didn't bother them?" I asked.

"Nah, I soaked them at home in the shower right after. Soaked everything again in fact. Mom's orders," he said. "That felt awesome too, because I got out of the shower and wound up as a pitcher a few times. Sprayed some water around, though, and had to clean it up. That's the worst part of this - cleaning it up."

The rest of Sam, Mickey and I talking was pretty boring. Sam and Mickey were exchanging fantasies - they were both asking me what mine were when I was their age, and I told them. The rest was "wackywet teenager" kinda stuff. Sam and Mickey were even talking about some mushy teenager stuff :O, particularly every time Mickey put his arms up to run his hands through his hair, as he was quite a bit more mature in that department than Sam was, even though Sam was too.

Anyway, they finished off one more soaking in the pool, and Mickey was going to start to bike home. "That's too far," I said to him. "I'll drive you."

"Well, I biked here," he said. "I'm fine, I enjoy the workout."

"Yeah, but you're wet now," I said.

"Even better. It's hot today," said Mickey, smirking.

So I gave in, and Mickey left on his bike, still dripping wet. I texted his folks about an hour after he left to see if he had gotten home ok, and his Mom replied, "yup, safe and soaked! Thanks!" Ha ha.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]