Page banner image

Re: My first pond swim

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MRN on June 04, 2023 at 11:29:27

In Reply to: My first pond swim posted by Waterboy on June 04, 2023 at 09:37:13:

Who are you afraid of being caught by: people you know, or people you don’t know? I am only truly concerned about being seen by people I know. Even if I confuse/weird out someone I don’t know, it may well hurt, but odds are I will never see them again, but that depends how far away you are from where you live. The village I live in has no river or lake, so I have to walk at least as far as the next village. With that said, I seldom seem to see the same person in this village twice … (There are a few, including people in neighbouring/nearby houses that I will see from time to time, but that is about it.)

It occurred to me yesterday that getting wet in public might even cause others to feel the kind of regret that I normally feel: someone might see me wet on a hot day, walk past, and then kick themselves for not joining me. Getting wet publicly not something that I normally do (and if it were, it would severely limit where I could walk — I am still contemplating what this means for this summer) but were I make it a normal activity, someone would eventually end up with that regret. It doesn’t help me, because we would never cross paths again, but maybe they would give it a chance one day.

Now, not that I would ever advocate dishonesty, but some people find “excuses” to get wet, such as survival training, endurance training etc, and have such an excuse ready. I imagine that this only works if you are actually swimming, of course!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]