Page banner image

Just shouting into the void …

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MRN on June 04, 2023 at 21:41:12

In Reply to: Re: Finally did it ... posted by Zonie on June 03, 2023 at 17:46:20:

I noticed earlier with one of the shoes that the seam where the two sides of inner padding at the back (behind your foot) has torn wide open. The cause will be the huge amount of force it can take to get my feet in, but I wonder if the water weakened the stitching, and it tore when I removed and replaced the shoe to remove stones. No difference to how they feel (wore them to mow the grass, no bother at all, and they’ve dried out nicely) and it may not matter … and honestly I have no idea on the prior condition, as they could have already been some wear and tear that finally gave. (They weren’t cheap shoes either, and they are certainly comfortable for long walks. My last shoes were quite ragged when I finally decided that the soles were transmitting too many stone impacts to my feet, not least from numerous soakings.)

There is a fairly good chance that it won’t matter next Saturday if I’m still wet by the time I get home, so I was considering a walking route where I pass the same river in two locations: one the outbound leg and on the return leg, and get soaked twice.

However, I am starting to think that I’m losing my mind from loneliness. Even if by some form of magic/luck I found a receptive soul in either location, I feel that it would be an act of cruelty of teasing someone into thinking that I am so much cooler than I really am, that I have any kind of life at all …

(What exactly I’ll end up doing, I don’t know now …)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]