Page banner image

Re: mud volleyball events

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by LeviLovR on March 30, 2023 at 22:34:05

In Reply to: mud volleyball events posted by mudman on March 30, 2023 at 17:29:21:

Honestly after years of getting both muddy and wet I have learned that you can't make people join you if they don't want to, especially if they are strangers or people you don't know. Some people want to but don't for a variety of reasons which are all valid. Maybe they aren't prepared and didn't bring a change of clothes. Maybe they are just timid and afraid of what other people will think if they got down and rolled around in the mud and God forbid wound up on social media for all the world to see. Clean up after a mud event is difficult to say the least and holds many people back and getting a little mud splashed on you is a lot different than getting totally covered.

Here's what I suggest. Watch and listen to the spectators around you. Study their reactions to the events going on and look for the people who really enjoy seeing players getting muddy and listen for people who say, "Man I wish I could get in there and do that." You really can tell who the potential mud guppies are and those who are not. Keep them in the back of your mind. There's an old saying that "birds of a feather flock together."

Your trick you described has had good success. I have read so many posts on here about people wanting to be thrown or pulled into the mud by someone else and waiting for someone to do that to them. Waiting results in missed opportunities. DON'T WAIT! DO! You can't just randomly grab someone and throw them into the mud because in this day and age that could result in potential injuries, law suits and heaven knows what else. Be spontaneous and jump in the mud of your own volition. To hell with the rest of the world! Your spontaneousness and joy de vie may be the inspiration and incentive that causes someone to jump in with you and then you can get down and dirty together. And you can always invite anyone in the crowd to come in and join you but you have to show them just how much fun it is. I know people who did the synchronized swimming with me in the past were sometimes a bit reluctant at first but afterwards every single one proclaimed how much fun it was.

So after a game has finished most of the spectators will probably go home but obviously some are going to stay and hang around the pits looking for an opportunity or excuse to get in the mud just like you. You have to get muddy first but then you can use your own trick in reverse and offer hugs to clean people. Those who accept a muddy hug might very well want to go in the mud and you can ask them and if they do you can drag them in with you. But if they say no don't press too hard.

Like I said, don't wait for someone else to haul you into the mud. Just jump in and do your thing. If you can convince others to join you fine, but if they don't at least you've gotten muddy and that's the ultimate reason for going after all.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Optional Image URL:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Mud Pit ] [ FAQ ]