Page banner image

Re: A wet afternoon

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MRN on June 11, 2023 at 12:27:55

In Reply to: Re: A wet afternoon posted by drippingwet on June 11, 2023 at 12:10:24:

Here’s the funny thing. It’s a curious little place, with water on different levels, a little open artificial waterfall, another little artificial waterfall with a sluice gate (tricky to slide under!), and at least one narrow stone walkway. There are also a lot of trees and other plants so it’s not all on view at once — pretty cool place! I’ve passed by in previous years but never got wet; I guess for one thing, I always carried a camera with me so I could never get soaked spontaneously! (One day I may add some more photo galleries of my walks to my website; for the most part I’ve only ended up the pylon photos.)

I was looking at the stone walkway and considering crossing it, but thought better of it. One of the two ladies asked me if I was OK. I wondered at first whether it was a situation like you face, so I enquired as to what she thought was wrong. Apparently she was concerned because of my hesitance looking at the stone walkway. She was the one I invited to join me, but only got as far as briefly wading in. At one point she seemed to ask me if I was going in — curious, considering that I was soaking wet! I gestured to myself and joked, Specsavers moment!

If she had not spoken to me first, it’s quite possible that I would have said nothing!

(Another kid got concerned at one point when I put my hat back on, but I think he was Irish and for some reason I couldn’t make out what he was saying. I think he feared that it would float away or something. I don’t know if I was having trouble with his accent or the background noise.)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]