Page banner image

Re: A wet afternoon

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Squishy Plushie on June 11, 2023 at 13:41:14

In Reply to: Re: A wet afternoon posted by MRN on June 11, 2023 at 12:10:07:

That's one of the unfortunate resultants of "society"'s choice of swimming pool rules, in the old days, women and men actually swam in elaborate woolen etc. outfits, before they regarded swimming as a valid sport distinct from "sea bathing". (I'd love to swim in a crinoline and gothic corset and shawl! With a diamond necklace and tiara!) Chlorination made them restrict the choice of WAMwear to man-made fibres, so given that we must have fun (a spiritual need), and unless you have your own pool, there's little choice. Having one's own pool, if you heat it so you can use it all year round, is even worse for the environment, so is flying to Spain on holiday twice a year (all the kerosene that aircraft burn). So the minimax solution is to swim in man-made polymers like polyester/acrylic/nylon/etc. Yep they do dry faster, and are lighter than water so they float. I'd love to have a hot tub, but wouldn't like the extra £200 per fortnight on my electricity bill! Anyway, my flat is only 22 m2 so there's no room for one! Always fill your pool with wonderful things :)

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]