Page banner image

Re: A wet afternoon

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MRN on June 11, 2023 at 10:12:52

In Reply to: Re: A wet afternoon posted by Squishy Plushie on June 10, 2023 at 21:26:09:

Is it a matter of obligation? On several occasions I’ve overheard boys not wanting to get their t-shirt wet, and you know that at Robbie and Sam’s pool party, the boys started removing their shirts only to get told off and made to put them back on! I don’t think people necessarily feel obliged to be shirtless, so much as they don’t want to get their t-shirt wet, even when there are other people perfectly content to get wet in a t-shirt, and don’t like being in a wet t-shirt.

I guess there is also less body shaming and less body embarrassment for boys and men, although I would not feel comfortable being shirtless just because I’m hairy!

From what I can tell, even ordinary street clothes provide a thermal buffer: in the water, being clothed is warmer, but out of the water, bare skin is warmer because there is far less water to evaporate. The water yesterday was amazingly warm, but I was shivering at times when I got out, which as I said was strange because I wasn’t cold. However, I was soaking wet when I set off home and the wet clothes were no bother at all, not cold and not uncomfortable.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]