Page banner image

To return, or not to return?

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MRN on June 12, 2023 at 19:33:39

In Reply to: Re: A wet afternoon posted by Zonie on June 12, 2023 at 16:59:46:

I’ve been pondering. As I noted to Squishy, I can push myself outside of my shell far enough to lose track of logic. The rush of hope and anticipation leads me to unrealistic ideas.

Let’s imagine I want to entice a nice young lady into the water, someone who is just passing by. Although some smartphones now are waterproof, there is a good chance that she will have things on her person that either cannot get wet (purse/handbag contents, or even footwear) or that she fears will not survive (even if they would). People not prepared to get soaked are unlikely to take the risk. What are my chances, really?

I pass a cute young lady regularly when I’m walking to work and she’s taking her kids to school. This morning we were both eating a banana as we passed and she called out “Snap” which is what I was thinking! She’s very friendly. I had this crazy notion of trying to invite her (and the kids) to join me (with the provision, no swimwear for her!)— but I am fairly sure that she will be in a relationship/marriage, and even if not, I don’t want to risk getting entangled in a family as I am just really, really not prepared for that kind of leap with someone I don’t even know. I also don’t want to freak her out.

I don’t want this to end up some kind of hunt, and there is only so much that you can do alone, loitering around.

Was once enough? Do I just go back to being completely alone? I am so far out of my depth (pun not intended but applicable!) — and considering that this really a kids’ activity, not a great venue for interacting with anything close to my own age group or anyone single.

Having just come down with something, I may not be well enough to go on Saturday, and the weather may not hold beyond that.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]