Page banner image

Re: A wet afternoon

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Zonie on June 12, 2023 at 16:59:46

In Reply to: Re: A wet afternoon posted by LeviLovR on June 12, 2023 at 08:27:55:

Yes there is a disadvantage to the USA not using polymer bank notes, but it is not a severe one. Our paper money is durable, and it dries quickly. I have on occasion gotten my credit cards wet, but thus far none has become unusable because of it. I was told that the chip key shouldn't get wet, but my car still starts if it does get wet.

The phone is definitely a potential problem. I wish we still had pay phones, but they're all gone now. If I'm not planning on a full wallow, I'll keep it in a plastic bag in the chest pocket of my overalls, and I can still get in fairly deep without damaging it. If I want to do a full wallow, I'll just lock my phone in the glove box and go on my hike without it.

Pocket change I usually leave at home or store in the center box of the car. If it gets wet or muddy, it's no big deal, as it can be washed easily enough.

I've never had anyone refuse my wet cash outright. I did once have a young lady hesitate about the wet $5 note I used to pay for a meal after a mud hike. She wanted to know how it got wet. I told her the truth, "I was in a mud hole in the desert."

She said, "As long as it isn't sweat." I assured her it was not, and she took it.

In this particular aspect of my life, having been stripped of my right to keep and bear arms due to alleged mental illness and felony convictions has been liberating, as I no longer have to worry about keeping my pistol clean. Being soaked it rain and snow didn't harm it, but I definitely didn't want mud clogging the barrel, so in the old days I often wouldn't do a full wallow for that reason. I found that a shoulder holster under my shirt was good protection and allowed me to go deeper, while the snap buttons on my shirt allowed rapid access in an emergency. Prior to 1994 Arizona had no provision for concealed carry, and one was expected to carry in an openly visible belt holster, so in my youth this was not an option.

What was truly funny is that the first time the police interrogated me for wallowing in mud on state trust land, they thought I had a pistol with me. I didn't, and I told them I wouldn't bring that in there. If I had it probably wouldn't have worked or would have blown apart due to mud clogging the barrel. It was also strange that they took me at my word and didn't insist on doing a Terry v. Ohio pat-down search. I contemplated the officers having been dressed down by their superiors for having gotten the back of their police car all muddy for having arrested an innocent man.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]