Page banner image

Re: A wet afternoon

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by MRN on June 11, 2023 at 12:39:30

In Reply to: Re: A wet afternoon posted by LeviLovR on June 11, 2023 at 02:40:06:

Leather seems to be fairly resilient I find. What’s failing is the padding around the back of your foot, specifically the stitching that secures it; it would seem that the inside materials are not rated for the softening effects of water.

Yes I did enjoy it, which I didn’t expect. The rivers around here are all shallow which is disappointing, but I kind of knew (from past visits) that this particular spot was much deeper, and that was so nice! The trouble is that the deep area is higher up and out of the way (not by the footpaths), and a bit hard to coax someone into joining you in!

Longer term, I am not sure whether it represents a net positive or net negative psychologically, and I already feel afraid that if I show up too often, people might think that I mean trouble. After all, it’s hardly an adults area or pastime.

The primary takeaway I think is that I’m less troubled by deeper water than I thought I was. I don’t think it represents a genuine new opportunity, but if the weather holds out I might go back next week.

If I were going to have special get-wet-in shoes, they would need to be something I can pull off a ca. 14 mile walk in, all the way there and back! (So not sandals.) I don’t want to have to leave a bag of different clothes or shoes somewhere because it could vanish without me even knowing. One role that the mothers seem to play in places like this is the guardian of stuff, which is sad because surely they want to cool off too! My solution was to not have anything on my person that couldn’t get wet. I just periodically checked to make sure that my keys never disappeared out of my pocket! Thank goodness for polymer banknotes too!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup

Name:
E-Mail:

Subject:

Comments:

Security Code *
random image
This security code tells us you are human and not a spam robot.

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ Wet Clothing Forum - Beach Club ] [ FAQ ]